Hours of Operation
*Pool opens on Saturday, May 26, 2018
Friday & Saturday
11:00 – 8:30
12:00 – 8:00
Monday – Thursday
11:00 – 8:00
RULES OF CONDUCT
as of May 23rd, 2018
1. The House Manager and the Pool Manager will supervise the swimming and wading pools, and adjacent grounds. The Board of Directors has authorized lifeguards on duty to act in the Pool Manager’s absence, and they shall have full power to take immediate action to suppress disorderly or objectionable behavior. In and around the pool the Club expressly prohibits running, dunking, splashing, boisterous yelling, or other personal conduct endangering the safety, or infringing upon the enjoyment, of others.
2. The Pool Manager will post the pool’s operating hours on the Club’s bulletin boards. Members and their guests shall not use the pool at other times except during private parties as provided in paragraph eight (8), below, or as approved by the Board of Directors.
3. No child age ten (10) or under shall be left at the pool unattended. Children above the age of ten (10) left unattended at the pool must pass a swim test determined by pool management. Parents of all minor children who are left unattended shall furnish contact information to the pool manager so they may be reached in the event of an emergency.
4. Glassware of any kind is prohibited in the pool area.
5. Only one person at a time may use either diving board. One (1) person at a time on the slide. Wait until the landing area is clear before entering the slide. Slide in a sitting position or on your back only. Do not attempt to stop on the slide. Leave the plunge area immediately. No play equipment on slide. No jumping or diving from the slide.
6. Users must keep all artificial floating devices on the shallow side of the pool dividing buoys.
7. Members should not engage the lifeguards in conversation or otherwise distract them from their duties.
8. By arrangement with the House Manager or the Pool Manager, a Club member may reserve the pool for a private party that may include resident and nonresident guests. The Board of Directors and Pool Manager will designate the hours during which a member may host a private party. The Club will charge a fee established by the Board of Directors for all pool parties. The host member must contract lifeguards from the Club’s staff at their current rates of pay, with at least one lifeguard for each fifteen (15) attendees. The maximum number for any pool party is sixty (60) persons. There must be one chaperone for each ten (10) persons under twenty-one (21) years of age, and one chaperone must be the host or the host’s parent. The host member must purchase all food and beverages served at the party from the Club by prior arrangement with the House Manager.
- A member may bring one or more non-resident or resident guests to the pool during week days and weekends throughout the year. The only exception to the said rule is the July 4th celebration which the club will only allow non-resident guests and guest playing in the July 4th scramble. Guests participating in the scramble are also allowed to bring their families; all guests must register with pool management and pay the appropriate fees. No pool fees for grandchildren with grandparents. Grandchildren, regardless of age, must be accompanied by grandparent(s).
- Only children of members and lifeguards will be allowed to participate on Swim Team.